Recess Cleveland IS interested in throwing more events in this area. Scroll down to read more about the neighborhood, programs running in the neighborhood, and ways to support play in this area.”
“Hough is a neighborhood situated along the midtown corridor on the East Side of Cleveland, Ohio. It is one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods; named after Oliver and Eliza Hough, who first settled in the area in 1799.
During Prohibition, the area between Lexington and Hough Avenues between E. 73rd and E. 79th Streets was known as “”Little Hollywood”” for the large number of brothels and speakeasies located there.
During the Civil Rights Movement, the neighborhood received national attention as a flashpoint of racial tensions, when the Hough Riots occurred. Today it is a neighborhood that has seen an increase of redevelopment, although it remains among the city’s poorest neighborhoods. Hough is also the location of League Park, the ballpark best known as the original home of the Cleveland Indians from 1901 to 1946. The site still has a baseball field on the original site and parts of the ballpark structure built in 1910, all restored in 2014.
Hough is part of the city’s 7th Ward, and is represented by Councilman Basheer Jones. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hough,_Cleveland“
“Would you like to see more fun programming from Recess Cleveland in Buckeye-Shaker? Then please do one of the following
1. Join TEAM Buckeye-Shaker to help raise funds and find resources for use in this neighborhood.
2. Sign up to volunteer for events in Buckeye-Shaker.
3. Support programming you would like to see in Buckeye-Shaker.
4. Sponsor an event or attraction in Buckeye-Shaker
5. Become a Recess Champion and host play events in Buckeye-Shaker.
6. Donate toys and other play equipment to Recess Cleveland.
7. View Other Ways to Give for more creative ways contribute to our mission.
8. Share this page with friends in the Buckeye-Shaker area, so they can help too”