Recess Cleveland IS interested in throwing more events in this area. Scroll down to read more about the neighborhood, programs running in the neighborhood, and ways to support play in this area.”
Rockefeller Park is a city park named in honor of oil magnate John D. Rockefeller Sr., located in Cleveland, Ohio. Part of the Cleveland Public Parks District, Rockefeller Park is immediately adjacent Wade Park to the southeast, and across Euclid Ave on its northwest border. Besides the distinction of being the largest park located completely within city limits, Rockefeller Park is a link in a chain of parkland that connects the heights region of the eastern suburbs to the city’s lakefront. Following the path of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and spanning a large section of Cleveland’s East Sides, the park runs in a northwesterly path between suburban Shaker Heights, bisecting the University Circle neighborhood and terminating at Gordon Park on the city’s lakefront, opened to the public in 1897. The park was dramatically expanded during the 1930s with labor provided by the Works Progress Administration. Landmarks found in Rockefeller Park include two separate entries on the National Register of Historic Places: one for its architecturally historic bridges, and one for its Cultural Gardens. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Park
“Would you like to see more fun programming from Recess Cleveland in Buckeye-Shaker? Then please do one of the following
1. Join TEAM Buckeye-Shaker to help raise funds and find resources for use in this neighborhood.
2. Sign up to volunteer for events in Buckeye-Shaker.
3. Support programming you would like to see in Buckeye-Shaker.
4. Sponsor an event or attraction in Buckeye-Shaker
5. Become a Recess Champion and host play events in Buckeye-Shaker.
6. Donate toys and other play equipment to Recess Cleveland.
7. View Other Ways to Give for more creative ways contribute to our mission.
8. Share this page with friends in the Buckeye-Shaker area, so they can help too”